A survey was being conducted recently for the B2B marketers about ABM adoption, Here is what we have learned. ABM is gaining traction with the B2B community, but the huge obstacle is, “The inability to identify specific decision-makers within targeted, in-market accounts.” This is the biggest challenge according to the surveyed marketers.
The good news is ABM investments is Skyrocketing, 57% of marketers say that 20% of their marketing budget is now dedicated to ABM; 83% say that their organization’s ABM 2016 ABM spending will be more than it was in 2015.
In reality, the activity is good, but the execs expects ROI and customers, revenue is more important than lead volume. According to 40% of marketers, success is now measured by revenue or bookings.
So now it’s time for Marketers to execute on their ABM promises, 90% recognize the need to improve their ABM program results. Yet marketers agree two major obstacles often stand in the way of ABM success.
- Identifying the right accounts
- Obtaining accurate, rich data on target account decision-makers
It’s clear that traditional B2B advertising is missing the mark, 71% of the marketers say that digital B2B advertising frequently fails to meet expectations, which is probably because 96% believe that B2B advertising reaches a significant number of people outside their intended target.
Steps to deliver on the ABM promise:-
- Identify the accounts that show buying interest
- Generate account-based decision-makers leads
- Ensure lead data is rich accurate and 100% in-market companies
- Quickly import complete lead data for nurturing and follow-up
- Prove ABM program ROI with revenue/customers