Every marketer faces challenges in managing their inactive data, here’s few tips to prevent your contacts into ZOMBIES;
What is a ZOMBIE according to you? It is an inactive lead that was engaged with your business at some point of time. And emailing a zombie puts your IP address at a risk of being blacklisted.
How can you avoid ZOMBIE from getting into your database?
- Mark all inactive leads that are 6 months old or even older then that
- Implement an opt-in or double opt-in strategy don’t just collect email address and blast emails.
- Validate email address every 90 days to make sure that your contacts haven’t turned into ZOMBIE.
How can you be successful in keeping ZOMBIE out of your database?
- Cleanse and update your database on regular basis
- Fill in the missed blanks with accurate information
Now after identifying your inactive list its time to get rid of the ZOMBIE’s
- Quarantine zombies and separate them from contacts in your CRM
- Suppress known zombies to avoid including them in your campaigns
- It’s very essential to keep a track of your all unsubscribes.
Latest posts by Rutika Salaskar (see all)
- Bad Data Out, Good Data In – Marketers Dream come true - September 29, 2016
- Use Case on Global Contact Discovery for Data Centers - September 26, 2016
- Now streamline your pipeline with ABM strategies - September 6, 2016